Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

Destiny Training

Thank you for a wonderful two days of Destiny training.  I hope that you are as excited about our new system as I am.  Mary Southall did a wonderful job of explaining the features of Destiny and getting us off to a good start.  

Remember that you can always call Follett Customer Service at 800-323-3397, and they will be happy to answer your questions or give you any kind of help that you need.  When you call, you will need to provide them with your customer number.  This number is different for each school, and you were given your number in the folder at the Destiny training.


Of course, you can also always call Lonnie or myself.  We are always available for you. 

You have been patient for sooooo long with our less than adequate circulation system.  You deserve the very best, and I really think that Destiny was the best choice for us.  If you have librarian friends in Granite, Jordan, Canyons, Weber, or Davis districts, ask them how they like Destiny.  We have heard nothing but wonderful things about Destiny from school districts statewide.

Thank you again for your good nature and willingness to learn new things.  This is going to be a great year!

6 comments:

  1. After a week of using Destiny, I am glad that we made the switch. Destiny is much faster. With classes of almost 30, it really helps not to have to push F5 between each transaction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that checking books in and out is so much faster using Destiny and to cut out that annoying extra step of clicking between patrons helps my tendenitis! I also love being able to quickly print barcodes for new students. I don't love the spine labels because they list copy 1 or copy 2 etc. Thanks fro the training Lonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lonnie for all your help with Destiny!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fact that I can print lists of books for students and teachers on certain topics. I had many U S History classes come in to find books on early U S History and I was able to print out lists for them so they could find the books on the shelves more easily. I also printed out genre lists for the English classes. It's been great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Everyone

    We have extracted some very usefull information from Destiny...i.e. top 10 patrons in the library and the number of books they check out and also the top 10 book titles checked out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just have to say I am in love. We had the Follett system in Granite Dist. and just as I was leaving they had the capability to add websites to the search list. Like if you searched for dinosaurs it would give some websites. I do like making lists for teachers of books they like or might like.

    ReplyDelete