Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

School Library Month and National Library Week

April is a great month for libraries!

April is School Library Month, and the week of April 14th to 20th is National Library Week.  

School Library Month was first celebrated in 1985, and its goal is to celebrate the essential role that strong school library programs play in a student's educational career.

National Library Week began in 1958.  Its purpose is to celebrate the contributions of our nation's libraries and librarians and to promote library use and support.

So-----just in case no one else has wished you "Happy School Library Month" and offered their appreciation for all that you do-----I want to express appreciation for how wonderful, hard-working, and dedicated you are.  You make a difference in your schools!

10 comments:

  1. Hey, Thank you. It has been nuts here. Change of sessions, like quarters or semesters, is always nuts. It's a good thing that I forget what the end week of a session and the new week of a session is like. I suppose it's like childbirth, you forget the pain till you have another one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's celebrate tonight at our meeting. In fact, every Library Collaborative Meeting is a time of celebration for me. There is so much great information every time. I enjoy the association with other "job-share" library technology teachers. We are truly the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the typo of my name.

      Delete
  3. I would love to celebrate National Library Month in April. I will have to find another month to celebrate since April is now testing month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for libraries of all sorts!! And I LOVE our "new" job title..."library technology teacher" because I always tell people I'm a teacher masquerading as a librarian. So the title suits me just fine! It sounds like 2 adjectives describing the kind of teacher I am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I celebrated by finally getting my second newsletter out. I reminded everyone to read over the summer and published a picture of our library listening dog, Juniper. You can see it here http://my.uen.org/myuen/221561

    ReplyDelete
  6. Libraries have fed my soul since I was a little girl. Thank you, Julie, Lonnie, Elaine, Leslie, Linda and John for making our jobs so interesting and the meetings fun. What a great group we have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its too bad that htere isn't more to bring libraries tothe attention of the public. A whole moth seems to be enough time to allow us to forget or ignore it. Maybe if we made it a holiday - Like Christmas, and everybody gifted their library.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always said I have the best job in the school. Not only do I get to interact with all the kids. I get to buy the books!! What could be better?

    ReplyDelete