Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Julie's Birthday

This posting is from Linda.  


Today is Julie's birthday!  

Here are some of the things that the DMC staff appreciates about her:






Tagen: I appreciate how Julie is always so cheerful…even when we are always having her fix our timecards!

I also appreciate what a good boss she is. She is always willing to help us in any way she can and wants to make our work environment the best place it can be. 

Nancy: I appreciate that Julie is always patient and upbeat even when things are tough.

Elaine: I appreciate her vivacious laughter and her willingness to always see the good in others.  Her personality is the reason her colleagues awarded her the tropy for the SLASA LIFT Award.  

Because of her own beautiful family, she understands when we need to take time off with our own families.  


She is a very generous person.  She has my vote for the person most likely to achieve.  


Lonnie:   appreciate the way that Julie  will listen and she always makes you feel good about yourself.  She makes the office a happy place to work.

Linda: I appreciate how much she cares about and supports all the programs and projects that our department works with.  She especially cares about libraries and works so hard to be an advocate for the library program and for each library technology teacher.

She is also very patient and positive with us and keeps our department moving forward in a productive way.

Her interpersonal skills are superb, and she is the person in the district offices that everyone likes to visit with because she is positive and kind.  She has the ability to finesse a situation and smooth things over so that everyone is happy, satisfied, and feels listened to and valued.

Leslie: Julie is gentle, accepts people for their values and faults, and doesn't expect people to be her mirror image.  She wants thinkers.  She celebrates our victories with us and holds our hands in our defeats.
Julie trusts me, therefore, I never want to do anything untrustworthy.

Julie is even-tempered; you know what to expect.  She is generally in a pleasant, happy mood and it spreads out from her.  

John: I appreciate her passion for her job!  She treats us all as equals and makes us feel important and a part of the decision-making process in our department.  

Julie loves music and enjoys sharing it.  


I appreciate her positive, upbeat attitude.  I feel like she is good at building rapport with others and truly cares about us and our families!

7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Julie! I am so happy to have you as our leader in the district. Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie:
    You are a "blessing" to all of us. There is no equal to you. All of us appreciate you. Words do not aequately express our appreciation of you. Our program is so much stronger for your leadership, knowledge, experience, kindness and much, much more. Please Never Retire,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Julie! You are the sun we all orbit around. Well I do! Every time I see you, you are smiling and it puts everyone at ease just to be around you. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Julie,
    I love all the comments by the staff at the DMC. I have to agree with everyone of them. One thing I have appreciated over the 19 years we have known each other is your dedication to education and making the whole process better for kids. You were a fantastic teacher, librarian, principal and now an administrator. Your dedication has never wavered. Lucky us we are the beneficiaries of that dedication. I hope you have a most wonderful day. Thanks for all your are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you to everyone for these very kind comments. I love working with all of you and appreciate everything you do! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. A little late, but...I loved reading the heartfelt tributes to Julie. I've never had, nor ever expect to have a better administrator than Julie for all of the fantastic reasons mentioned above. One of the MANY things I love about Julie is that I never get chewed out when I do dumb things...and I've had some doozies! She handles mess-ups with patience and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete