Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Polar Express

In the blog post called Holiday Books, Marianne mentioned how much she loves the audio recording of The Polar Express by William Hurt.  But she also mentioned that it is hard to find.  

YouTube is such an awesome resource!  It has a recording of The Polar Express.  Since it is just an audio recording that someone uploaded, the actual pages from the book are not part of the YouTube selection.  You can hear the complete audio----but the video remains on the cover of the book for the duration of the video.  So if you want to use this with students, you could have the audio part playing and you could be supplementing the experience by actually showing the pages of the book yourself.






10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you put up the William Hurt version!! There's something magical about his reading that no one else can touch. I wish it was ALL electronic though so I could just show it instead of holding the book. There's one you can "show" on http://storylineonline.net/ read by Lou Diamond Phillips...but he doesn't quite have the William Hurt knack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if I can take pictures of each page or scan them and put together a PPT with the sound.

      Delete
  2. Suggestion: Use the audio of the book. Meanwhile project the images of the library book with the document camera.

    "Voila"

    There are no complaints about inability to see or hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hadn't thought of the doc. camera! Good idea! I'm using it next week!

      Delete
  3. It is available as a Kindle ebook read-aloud. Narrated by Liam Neeson. It is $9.49. You can play/read Kindle books on the iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You all are so clever about how to do this. I made a photostory of some of my favorite books using the digital camera and taking pictures of each page. Maybe that would help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marianne, I have the William Hurt recording on tape and we listen to it every Christmas Eve. My sons get in jammies and lie down in front of the lit Christmas tree (all of the other room lights are off) and listen to the story - even now! (They are 21 and 24) This is our one tradtion that we created as a family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it!! I can just see your whole family gathered together in that magical setting.

      Delete
  6. Cute and wonderful Jeanene found this website of Eric Kimmel reading his Hershel and the Haunnakah Goblins you might like to read. (Really though I think I do a better job!) \\536-staff02\staff$\jb007965\Desktop\Hershel and the Hanukkah Goblins on Vimeo.mht

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoops, that was the link on my desktop. Try this one

    http://vimeo.com/15166439

    ReplyDelete